Costa Rican Cuisine at Hacienda Guachipelin
Hacienda Guachipelin Restaurant & Bar
“We are serving healthy, fresh, wholesome foods that are traditional recipes from our Hacienda and our people. We want to give people a real experience of what Costa Rica has to offer,” Hacienda Guachipelin owner, Jose Tomas Batalla.
At our downstairs Bar, you can order delicious snacks and your favorite drinks, and dance to live marimba music at night.
Savor the flavors of authentic Costa Rican cuisine at Hacienda Guachipelin Restaurant. Delicious, fresh meals are lovingly prepared by our Costa Rican chefs following time-honored traditional recipes from our region of Guanacaste and Costa Rica.
We offer you “farm-to-table” homemade meals, producing on our ranch much of the food that we serve in our Hacienda Restaurant. What we don’t grow or raise ourselves, we source fresh from sustainable local vendors. We offer both an “A la carte menu” and “Buffet menu” with traditional Costa Rican cuisine and international dishes.
No artificial ingredients, MSG, canned foods or boxed juices are found in our kitchen. We make everything fresh, including using only fresh herbs and spices from our garden. We offer many possibilities for persons with dietary restrictions: gluten-free, non-dairy, vegetarian and vegan – we have many options.
Taste the distinctive flavors our wood burning ovens give our meals, from our homemade breads to our pizzas and desserts. All wood is sustainably harvested from our ranch. Relax with our friendly service and spectacular views across our ranchlands and forest to the Pacific Coast.
Our expansive open-air Hacienda Restaurant offers special seating areas for groups, hotel guests and day tour guests. See our Sustainability practices for how we save energy, and handle our organic waste and trash.
“Farm-to-table” freshly-made meals
• We grow most of our fruits and vegetables in our hydroponic greenhouse and gardens by the restaurant, and in outlying fields.
• We use only fresh herbs and spices from our garden.
• No MSG, canned or jarred sauces, or boxed juices are used. We make all sauces and fruit juices fresh. We make our own jams from fresh fruit with no preservatives.
• Gluten-free, non-dairy, vegetarian and vegan menu options are available.
• Eggs come from our more than 350 free-range chickens.
• Milk fresh from our cows is brought to our restaurant kitchen every morning to be processed. You will enjoy it in your breakfast cereal, coffee and tea, and also in our homemade farmer’s cheese and desserts. Help our ranch hands with the morning milking on our Ranch Life Tour or our Cowboy for a Day Tour.
• We raise cattle, pigs and turkeys for meat; and bees for honey.
• Only sustainable farm-raised tilapia and shrimp are served in our restaurant.
• We serve coffee grown on a small family farm in Naranjo, Costa Rica.
Breakfast: 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Lunch: 12:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM