Clean and Safe Tourism in Costa Rica and Hacienda Guachipelin
With Costa Rica’s borders slowly reopening, we welcome you back to Hacienda Guachipelin where we have adopted a number of nationally and internationally recommended practices for clean and safe tourism in Costa Rica. We would like to take this opportunity to clarify to our guests our health and safety protocols throughout the country and at Hacienda Guachipelin, which you can read in more detail in our full-length Clean and Safe Tourism in Costa Rica information package.
The globally-recognized Safe Travels Stamp signifies governments and companies around the world that have adopted the health and hygiene standards of the WTTC. Costa Rica became the recipient of this stamp in July, which allows the government to certify companies that comply with these international protocols. This is a guarantee to tourists that Costa Rica is committed to comply with sanitary measures in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. These protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated on a continual basis to maintain compliance.
Safety Measures at Hacienda Guachipelin
The Clean and Safe to Visit program is a thorough set of protocols that must be implemented by a tourism establishment to receive the certification. Hacienda Guachipelin is one of less than 20 businesses in Costa Rica to have received its Clean and Safe to Visit certification and we are committed to maintaining these standards of health and safety for all of our visitors in the future. This means that every part of our business — from the preparation of food to the proper disinfection of rooms and tour facilities — Hacienda Guachipelin can guarantee the highest safety standards are in place for the protection of our visitors and employees.
Sustainable travel in Costa Rica goes beyond the fight against COVID-19. At Hacienda Guachipelin, we are proud to hold several certifications that show our dedication to safe and sustainable travel in Guanacaste. We are members of the Blue Flag Ecological Program and we hold the internationally-recognized Certification for Sustainable Tourism.
Mandatory prevention measures for all our visitors
- For your safety, our collaborators and other visitors, the entrance of any person (employee, tourist-client, supplier), who presents symptoms of fever, runny nose, cough or cold will not be allowed.
- Upon arrival at the property, the temperature will be taken and a symptom questionnaire will be applied.
- Use of masks is mandatory in all common areas and in contact with company workers.
- Maintain social distance, with collaborators and other visitors, as well as respect the existing demarcation in each area.
- Apply the hand washing protocol, as stipulated by the World Health Organization.
- Apply the Cough and Sneeze protocol (cover yourself with disposable handkerchiefs and if you don’t have it, cover yourself with your forearm).
- Use the stations to disinfect footwear, according to the existing lettering in the different areas of the facilities.
- Greet staff only verbally, physical contact of any kind is not allowed.
- Encouraging non-contact, please avoid the use of cash.
- Comply with the reservation procedures for each place you wish to visit, in this way we will guarantee the correct use and enjoyment of the facilities.
- Follow with any other provision of the administration, requested during your stay.